Neland's new haircut. He'd chopped off a few pieces (which looked like a lot when I saw it in the trash, but was hardly noticable on his head). At his five year old check up he weighed in at 37 pounds and 43.5 inches - which percentage wise is right where he's always been on the charts. He had to receive a finger prick and two shots, at which he screamed like there was no tomorrow.
After being couped up in the house for a couple weeks (what it seemed like to me, recovering from teeth issues) I thought I'd surprise the boys with a fun trip. So I loaded them in the car and we headed uptown to Discovery Place. They were very excited.
Their favorite spot - Teague's shirt was wet the rest of the day.
A new starfish to touch.
We counted frogs, turtles and birds in the rainforest.
We built houses on hills.
Teague found his favorite spot upstairs again.
Then as an extra special surprise (and because it was after 1:30) I took the boys to lunch uptown. They really wanted Chick-fil-a, and we tried to find it by walking three or four blocks but it alluded us (and the gloomy clouds above us had me worried we shouldn't wander too far away from the car). We ended up at Showmars. Chris called to see how our day was going while we were having lunch and it turns out he'd had lunch at the same Showmars a hour earlier!
Teague loves being uptown. He shouts "trolley" at every trolley that passes, bike at the bike taxis that go by and when he gets a glimpse of the Lynx he gets even more excited. Neland told me that walking a lot made him hot, which was pretty much his entire commentary on being uptown.
Teague fell asleep for a nap for the first time in four days. He was exhausted. Even trying to wake him at 5 was a challenge. I'll mark this day a success.














No comments:
Post a Comment