During our time at Grandpa and Grandma's house, one thing became very apparent, Teague is a snuggler. Not just any type of snuggler, a MOMMY snuggler. He's always been cuddly, but he took it to a whole new level over that weekend. When we are at my parent's house, Chris and Neland sleep in my old room and Teague, Dali and I sleep in the guest bedroom. It works for us (especially because both kids have fallen out of bed when alone).
During this trip, Teague was very insistent that I lay with him to snuggle while he napped or fell asleep. He always had the same request, "Mommy you lay with me, and snuggle." He's a very demanding snuggler too, you can't just lay there with him, he has to be as close to you as possible, which I guess might be in part of the whole snuggling thing, but still. We'd have the whole bed and Teague and I would take up half of it, and to complete the closeness, Dali always slept right where my feet should go. Apparently she's not much for sleeping on the floor.
Sometimes, I turn over so that my back was to Teague. He'd quickly put a hand on my side and say, "Not that way Mommy."
He was also my dog walking buddy, always very upset if I attempted to leave without him. We'd walk Dali together in the mornings and look for bunnies.
I was nervous once we returned home that he'd have trouble adjusting to sleeping back with Neland on the trundle, but he seemed to do fine. Both boys still end up in our room at some point in the night and when this happens Teague is always plastered to my side.
When I had my wisdom teeth extracted, apparently (because I remember absolutely none of this), they wheeled me in for an xray when they were done and while they did this, Chris, Neland and Teague were in a room getting post-op instructions. They saw me across the hallway and Teague ran out of the room to me. The nurse said she asked me what his name was and I told her, "Momma's Boy". Ha! It fits though.
While I recovered from the whole extraction, Teague enjoyed napping by my side, which I feel is a feat since there's no television in our bedroom. He just wanted to snuggle - and ask, "You feel better now Momma?"
For how difficult he can be, he sure can be equally as sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment