Friday, May 18, 2012

randoms (with more bower studio pics)

A couple weeks ago the boys and I ventured back to the strawberry patch. I thought we'd go for a short time, it was hot and almost lunch time but the boys seemed to not notice either. We spent a good 15 minutes picking berries, which is unheard of for my boys who love the balls, trikes, sand pit, mazes, slushes, duck races, and chickens at the farm. We filled a basket with berries and then headed back for some slushies. Teague wanted to play more than drink his (which means I lucked out). Teague went right for the sand box and the cozy coupe. Neland finished his slushie and ran for the monster trikes. He was so much better riding it than I expected and he even fell once and got right back on. While they played, I bought some fresh eggs and the owner talked me into trying out the hayride with both of them (I was nervous about controlling Teague while on the ride). We hopped on and Neland was silent, just taking it all in. Teague sat in my lap and did really well until the last minute or so. Once we returned to the farm, it was time to go. Our ten minute trip had turned into an hour and half (and we didn't even get to visit the chickens or play with the duck race).
Neland loves to wash the car with Chris. The other weekend they were outside washing the car and Chris was complaining about the pollen. He told Neland that he was allergic to pollen. Neland responded with "I thought you were allergic to cats." Chris told him he was allergic to cats and pollen. Neland said, "I really like cats" and then followed it up with, "Daddy when are you going to heaven?"
Chris bought me a beautiful dress for Mother's day. As with most dresses, I needed it taken in at the top. I took the boys to the alterations place, which was fairly busy. We were all in the dressing room and as I was putting the dress on, Teague said, "Mommy have belly button." I affirmed that I did, and then he said, "Teaguie have belly button." Again I affirmed, then, "Neland have belly button." Once again, yes. "Daddy have belly button." Yes. Then Neland is his inside voice that is way too loud to be an inside voice said, "You know what we and Daddy have that Mommy doesn't have?" And instead of an affirmation there was a loud "Shhh" from me.
A couple weeks ago, a friend and I took our kids to the park to ride bikes around the lake. Our boys are no bike riding experts so it was fairly easy to stay nearby. They circled the lake twice, then wanted to play on the playground. About an hour and half later it was time to go but they wanted to circle the lake one more time. Teague put up a huge fuss, apparently once he saw that both big boys had bikes and he had a tricycle he was done with the tricycle (I carried most of the way around the first time). In trying to chase Teague from running away from the tricycle (and to the picnic tables to beg for food) I realized we'd lost sight of the older boys. My friend ran ahead of me and my wrestling opponent. When she finally saw the boys (which felt like 5 minutes and not 10 seconds), they'd gotten off their bikes, were holding hands and walking together to find us. Really, does it get any sweeter? What great decision makers they were! As they continued around the lake, as one of them would stop (or fall) they'd yell for the other to come help. I was so proud of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment