Wednesday, May 9, 2012

muffins for mom

Today was Muffins for Mom at Neland's school. Definitely one of my favorite days of the year. We walked in to find our spot which weas labeled with questionaires and a gift. I settled the boys down with muffins and juice. They looked pretty cute.
There is no way to get Teague to smile when food is involved.

I read over Neland's thoughts on me. There was a lot of Mommy likes to "cuddle with me" or Mommy's favorite thing is to "play with me", very sweet, not very funny - but I'll take sweet. The gift was a painted flower pot with some artificial flowers and moss, perfect for my nightstand.

Then it was time for a performance.
"My mommy loves me this I know, for she always tells me so. 
She holds me when I am scared or sad, 
she understands me when i'm mad. 
Yes mommy loves me, 
yes mommy loves, 
yes mommy loves, she always tells me so." 
(Sung to Jesus Loves Me)

The teachers decided to give me a class mom end of year gift while we were celebrating moms. I opened it later and they gave us a night of babysitting and a gift card to a favorite restaurant. I'm so excited! The boys have never really had a babysitter, so what an awesome way to start - with the teachers they've known since Neland was 2 and for Teague, since birth! (and when I thanked one of Neland's teachers she said, "You need it." - They really do know Teague)

No comments:

Post a Comment