Saturday, May 12, 2012

nature museum

Most Tuesdays we lounge around in PJs, eat cinnamon rolls, make caves (with twinkle lights of course), paint, watch Curious George and play outside. It's something I love, especially watching the boys play together and having no where to go.
Watching Curious George 
But, a playgroup friend also has Tuesday's free and always has an exciting adventure planned, sometimes we tag along. This Tuesday it was to the Nature Museum, last Tuesday, it was to the park to ride bikes and play. After days like these, I remember how fun it is to get out and explore, and to watch my boys explore and grow as they are exposed to things not in our house or backyard. I'm very thankful for the balance and the push I need to really get it.

We spent a total of 4 hours at the Nature Museum on Tuesday. Honestly, it's a relatively small museum but the boys were completely taken in with almost everything there.

We arrived to see some freshly hatched quail.
Teague was fascinated with the mice.


Love that fat little baby-ish hand... I'll be sad when it's not a baby hand anymore.


 Neland loved this water table, especially when you could make it thunder and rain. (I'm sure I have pictures of him playing here as a toddler too, so amazing how things can keep their attention through the years).
 We had a picnic outside. Afterwards we took a walk on the trail. Teague ran waaaay ahead of us, to the point where I told Neland to go grab and him and hold him. I may have even said, knock him down if you have to (which he did). It worked though, Teague waited for us.
 I won't mention how many times I said, "Don't put your hand in the bunny cage" - notice the hand.

There were more live animals. I liked this owl, the boys preferred the turtles.

Teague loved being a "mole" and crawling through the tunnels to slide down the slide.


The butterfly room was quickly dismissed by the boys, until I had them look close. Teague could not stop telling all the butterflies hello. It was so sweet. "Hi Butterfly Hi" over and over.



This one is hard to see, but he's right over it. 


This guy looked familar, and we learned what we saw in our green beans was called.

Ours must have been a male, because I saw him fan out his throat. Pretty impressive (for happening in my garden).
I'll have to remember this museum for the summer, especially since it's camp mommy all summer long (minus the week we'll all be participating in VBS).

No comments:

Post a Comment