We woke up in time for a quick lunch before we were off to see the Grasshoppers. The weather was warmer than the morning, but cooler than the day before in Chapel Hill. The stadium was beautiful! I remember being sad that they were going to tear down the old stadium (War Memorial) as it was the oldest minor league stadium and I have quite a few memories from there. But the new stadium did impress!
Teague enjoyed trying out multiple seats.
This was his first taste of cotton candy (one of my favorites). He liked it and surprisingly couldn't eat the whole bag. Teague and I finished it off.Teague wanted ice cream, which he got (and I forgot to brush his hair after nap and both baseball hats were left in the car).
During the game there was a 'bat' dog, Miss Babe Ruth, who would run out and collect the bat after a hit. The boys loved her (we all did).
We made it to the 7th inning stretch, which Neland took seriously.
(at some point I'll start cropping pictures)
The whole time Teague wanted to see the Grasshopper (or eat). Grandma was kind enough to hunt him down with the boys.
Which only made Teague want to see him more. Luckily he was signing autographs during the 8th inning.
We made it to the bottom of the ninth, with the score tied. Unfortunately, it was Sunday and we had a long drive and groceries to be bought and it was getting late. We left without watching the extra inning (the Grasshoppers won in the bottom of the tenth).The boys (and us too) had a blast. On Saturday we learned the ACC championship will be played here, which seems like a great opportunity to go again.
No comments:
Post a Comment