Wednesday, January 23, 2013

doughnuts for dad

This year Chris was on double duty for doughnuts for dad. Usually he meets us from work for this special day, however since I'd been feeling so crummy, he'd stayed home this morning. The boys were ecstatic to see him when they woke up. He even made them cinnamon rolls for breakfast (before the doughnuts, definitely a dad choice).
When we arrived he headed to Neland's room first, and I stuck with Teague (substitute dads are welcome - no one wants a kid without a parent there).
Half way through, Chris ventured to Teague's room. Chris deems this day "Dad come watch me eat doughnuts" as the kids definitely took both theirs and his.
As usual, the kids made artwork for Chris. According to Neland, Chris is 3 feet tall and 60 years old (he sure did rob the cradle when he married me). He also likes best that daddy is "very very funny." As part of the gift, Neland decorated a frame with paint and different nuts/bolts/washers. In the frame is a picture of Neland in a hard hat and tool belt and a sign "My dad can fix anything". I won't lie, I laughed pretty hard when I saw it. Teague made a shirt, with handprints, as a pat on the back. He likes when daddy plays games and trains with him.

Just as last year, leaving Neland was a teary mess. It's so special to have dad there, that leaving is extra hard. He was not the only one in his room in tears, there were quite a few others. Teague went right to playing when Chris left. I love sneaking peeks on him. He loves playing with this little friend in his room, and talks about him all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment