Thursday, January 17, 2013

crazy weather

This weekend it was in the 70s, tonight they are calling for snow. No matter what the weather has been, we've been under it.

We made it outside for a long walk/ride on Saturday morning. By the end of the walk, it was clear Chris had caught something (possibly Teague who hates to share, shared his virus?). Chris slept the rest of the day. Losing time with daddy on a Saturday was not lost on Neland, he was so disappointed to miss play time.


By Monday, it was clear I had caught something as well. While Teague and Chris both had days of extreme exhaustion with a fever, mine centered more around my throat with a fever. Chris said after two days I'd feel better, after two days, I felt worse and decided to brave a Minute Clinic with both boys in tow.

Sometimes I think Teague makes us appreciate Neland more than Neland alone could. We waited a good hour (and of course I did not pack any snacks, in fact I was so desperate to get out the door, Neland took Teague to the bathroom and dressed him). The three people in front of me were so tired of waiting they all left (answered prayer right there - they weren't sick, just getting flu shots). I was called back and apologized that I had to bring my boys (although really I just needed to apologize for bringing Teague).

Neland was fascinated with all the "doctor" stuff and sat nicely asking about what different things were for. Teague swallowed two pieces of gum, yelled for snack (granted it was 5:30) and tried to touch everything in the room. The idea of talking made my throat hurt so I was very grateful when the NP told him not to touch something. He did his pouty back away routine, but he didn't touch that again.

My diagnosis was "severe" tonsillitis - I think she added the severe when she saw the tears in my eyes after I heard it was a virus. Again, why is it always a virus?

The boys ate junk food for dinner (goldfish, and who knows what else) and I climbed into bed. Today they've taken great care of me.
Neland said, "Okay now, the next one is going to really hurt." Then brought over a "shot".

Neland also said "If it doesn't snow tonight, I'll be crushed." Here's hoping he's not crushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment