Friday, January 11, 2013

sick days

Teague's fever left Tuesday, only to return Tuesday afternoon, and again Wednesday afternoon. With the return also came some really gross eye goop. He continued to sleep almost all the time and refused to eat, at one point half an apple seemed like a great victory in putting something in his belly.

Worried about the eye goop, I took him to our peditrician. The appointment time was after Neland's drop off, but not quite long enough for us to return home and not short enough for us to drive straight there. So off to Caribou we went.
Teague asked for a scone and ate a good half of it.

We been going to the same Caribou for at least four years, as it's right down the street from preschool. Today was the first day Teague noticed the small table and chalkboard, right as we needed to head out.
The diagnosis at the peds was a virus (isn't it always a virus), with a prescription for eye drops to help keep them clear (in the mornings they are so covered it's like they are glued shut). Teague asked for a lollipop and an apple while we were there, so once we left I decided we'd stop by the grocery store to pick up his request. While there, he decided the food looked good, and asked for "everything" so we made plate.
The grapes and carrots were a hit, and a few bites of broccoli and green beans were acceptable as well. At this point it seemed like things were improving.
We picked up Neland and then ran by Target to fill the prescription. The request for an icee was not denied.
The rest of the day was spent on the couch. 

The next morning, I let him sleep until I had to wake him up for school. With him being so congested, sleep is hard to come by and I hate waking him. He ended up asking to stay in PJs all day. When we picked up Neland, he asked if he could have a PJ day as well and changed into his as soon as we got home. 

Neland asked Teague to play trains with him, and Teague's response was, "I want to play Diesel 10 but first I tired" and he slept the rest of the afternoon.
Neland, always so understanding, enjoyed playing Starfall in PJs with headphones on so Teague could sleep.

He woke up and said, "I want a bagel." After trying to see if he would eat anything else, it was decided we'd get a bagel. Through a drive-thru as both boys wanted to stay in PJs.
Teague enjoyed half of his blueberry bagel, and Neland loved his chocolate chip. I tried to pass it off as dinner, but it only worked for Teague, who was still exhausted.
 Today has been more of the same, lots of couch time in PJs, but Teague is demanding more, so I know he's starting to feel better.



1 comment:

  1. I hate sick days. We are having one right now with 2 of my 3 and it's nightmareish. My healthy one is super active, trapped inside since it's too cold outside, and the sick ones try to keep up, but then just collapse in puddles of fussiness, so sad:)

    Hope you are all on the mend!

    ReplyDelete