Saturday, June 16, 2012

week 3 - panthers & parks

On Monday I'd planned to take the boys back to the Nature Museum. I snuck NJ's bike in the car as a surprise so we could ride around the park that the museum is attached to before going to the museum (it was supposed to rain and I thought we'd get outside while it was nice cool and cloudy - very unusual weather for June). We arrived at the museum, Teague was ready to go see the fish and the birds, Neland was excited to ride his bike. I convinced Teague we'd enjoy seeing some ducks at the lake and off we went. Neland did great, he was so confident on his bike (he fell last week and has become a little iffy about turns). We rode to the playground and ran into a friend from church (who luckily reminded me that the museum is closed on Mondays). We played on the playground till lunch time, circle the lake one more time and right as we were finishing up, the rain started. I think I made up for missing the museum by taking them to lunch with Chris (it was our anniversary after all and what's better than a romantic lunch together with our two kids at Chick Fil A in the mall food court). I did have to promise Teague we'd go back on Tuesday though.

So Tuesday, we visited the Nature Museum.

Wednesday we headed to the greenways with Neland's bike and Teague in the stroller. They were totally flooded. Neland made it out without getting wet, as did Teague (lucky ones not having to put their feet on the path). My socks and shoes were soaked. The boys did have fun and at the end I let Teague out of the stroller to splash in the puddle. It was worth it.

On Thursday, we headed to the train and rode it uptown to the Panther's stadium. When we arrived at the station, Neland was super excited to see a freight train, a diesel freight train. Teague was nervous (it made the ground shake a bit).

The Panthers were having an open practice. I didn't realize how crowded it would be (and I don't think they did either, they ended up having to open more sections and the line for concessions was almost out of the stadium). I'd hoped for 15 minutes, and we made it 30. Teague kept saying whatever was happening on the field, "He kicked it" "I want him to kick it again." "He kicked it again." or "He throw it" "He catched it" "He missed it". There were a few looks and smiles from our section. Neland had an okay time, but complained about the sun in his eyes (it was behind us and he was wearing a hat). The quarterback, Cam Newton, was out on the field. To keep Neland interested I asked him to find #1, and told him that was the player that did "the superman". Neland was very excited to find him on the field and yelled "I see superman." 


 It was a bit of a walk to and from the train, so I threw Teague in the Ergo so I wouldn't have to deal with a stroller (and I knew he'd want to be carried anyway). Definitely one of my favorite baby items (and technically NJ could still ride in it too).
 The train back was packed. It was standing room only until the last 2 stops. I thought the boys would be nervous standing, but they acted like the bars were jungle gyms.
 After we arrived home, Stewart had some good runs in our backyard.


I'd felt a little bad the boys had spent no time with friends this week so Friday was a perfect day to meet up with friends at the splash park and playground. It was a perfect morning, hot but breezy. The boys were exhausted afterwards.
 Neland was the only guy to brave the splash pad. He said it was a little cold.
 Teague ate most of the time we were there. Actually he eats most of the time anyway.

 We ended the week with frozen yogurt.

 Teague took forever to finish, so we had him walk and eat.
 He dove in with a hand instead of his spoon.
 Then decided the direct route was much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment