Monday, June 24, 2013

father's day

My plan for Father's Day was to jump out of bed, all bright and happy, and make Chris one of his favorite breakfasts for him to eat in bed. But, I am not a morning person and our kids are. They were up before us so I had them occupy Chris by wrestling in bed until breakfast was ready (steel cut oats, mixed with fruit and brown sugar). Teague followed me downstairs at first and asked, "Momma are you making breakfast?" I replied, "Yes" and he asked, "Are you making cheesy pasta?" I had to laugh and say no that I wasn't making cheesy pasta. Then he guessed eggs, toast, and english muffins. I replied no to each of those and his next guess was oatmeal. When I told him he was correct, he cheered and said, "I guess it."

After breakfast we prepared for the day and the family to arrive. We had reservations at a restaurant Chris really enjoys. It was delicious and afterwards he headed home for slip-n-slide and water balloon fun.

Before the day ended, we decided to grill our dinner (which involved Grandpa purchasing us a new charcoal grill - sneakily). To top off the wonderful day we ended with smores!

No comments:

Post a Comment