This very current week was VBS at our church (my fav week of summer - and I can't wait to post about it - it was amazing). This pictures are from the week before, Teague started soccer lessons, we had a picnic to the park (twice), had a special visit from friends, planted seeds and played in the mud hole (of course).
Before soccer, Teague refused to let go of my hand and hid in my legs but once it got started he warmed up and then had a blast. He is also the smallest kid there, he was shoved a few times but didn't seem to mind (and the coach looked after him calling team meetings when it happened).
The ducks at the park have no fear. Teague took full advantage, chasing them and giggling.
Apparently these two minds think alike (or maybe Roshan and I think alike since I dressed Teague)
Roshan and Angie brought the boys seeds which they planted the next day.
Another trip to the park to visit the ducks
I should make this a separate post but Neland is reading! He's been able to decode words for awhile but this week was the first week he put everything together to see what was happening in the book. He was so excited and it was so sweet. I could see his little mind using all the strategies I was taught to look for in grad school. It is such an amazing moment to see how he put it all together and his excitement when it all made sense. He kept reading to the point of memorization and then asked for more books. We visited the library and checked out a few more. He's very limited in his book selections but I feel like we're on to a great start!
Dinner outside is a must this time of year. Most of the time it's at home, but sometimes it's out and with ice cream and live music. It makes for a perfect evening.











No comments:
Post a Comment