Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

This year for Valentine's day we decided to work with what we had and created little love monsters. I made the yarn balls and the boys added feet, eyes and antennae. It was quite a mess but they were proud. 
We also made "I love you" hands for their teachers.

We were all very loved this Valentine's Day. Neland was so excited to bring the mail in, and didn't realize he had dropped two on the way! Chris found them when he pulled in the driveway after work (they were bills though, not valentines)
Grandpa and Grandma sent a very special treat (and Target gift cards). I couldn't get a picture before one was eaten! 
I took the boys to Target to spend their gift cards. The opportunity to pick out a toy does not come often and it was a big decision that was not entered into lightly.
Ten years ago, Chris and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day together at Second Empire. Six years ago we had our ultrasound of Neland and PF Changs in the audit room. This year, I spent three hours at the dentist to be referred for more work to a specialist and then made dinner - but added zucchini hearts for a special touch. Things have definitely changed.
After school on Friday, and after an hour on the playground in 60 degree weather, we headed to our annual Valentine's playdate. Neland had his first experience on bumper cars - he was hestitate but laughed the whole time.
There was bowling and games and pizza in addition to exchanging Valentine's.
After such fun end of the week festivities (and 60 degree weather), who would have predicted an exciting and fast accumulating snowfall on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment