The after-lunch peanut butter and jelly face.
Teague took his time collecting his eggs.
The craft was to make an "egg person." Teague wanted to make a "really silly one."
I think he succeeded.
And then the party was over. Teague was a little confused because I kept telling him we'd have his birthday party on Easter. After the egg hunt at school, he asked if we were going inside to have a cookie monster cake. I don't think he was too disappointed that his party was still a few days away.
We had our annual egg dye event. I'd found a lot of cute ideas online about how to make different types of eggs, but this year it was all about quantity and very little about quality. I'm glad we had 3 dozen eggs. It barely took them fifteen minutes to finish.
Saturday Chris had to get some work done in the morning so we headed out of the house to give him some peace and quiet.
A not-so-quiet breakfast at Panera.
Followed up by a trip to the library. After paying a hefty fine on books we'd checked out and didn't return before our trip to California, I limited the boys to ten books and no more. They explored the computers for the first time. Teague did much better than I expected (although I realized halfway through he was using the mouse with his left hand).
As the day warmed up, we headed to the playground. We haven't been to this playground in a while and the boys were so excited. I love that when we arrived, Neland ran off to play but Teague grabbed my hand and led me to where he wanted to go. He let go once he was comfortable running off and playing.
After the playground we picked up Chris for lunch and some Easter shopping (which included some new Easter pjs). Then it was time for dinner, bath and bed - all in time for a bunny to stop by before morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment