And at that point I realized my five year old was a much kinder person that me.
He also currently has a cold and was struggling to sleep last night. We eventually sent him to our room to sleep thinking he might be more comfortable (he claims our covers are much better and softer than his). Twice he got out of bed and came to the playroom to ask us when we were coming to bed. The second time he added, "I just really want to snuggle you Mommy." Needless to say, I went to bed. Too soon he'll be six, and then sixteen and those snuggles are going to disappear before I'm ready.
He has become very independent recently. There were a few mornings he woke, dressed, made his bed, brushed his teeth, all before coming to see me. He was proud and told me that he's ready for kindergarten soon. The pictures are from him dressing himself. Some days are more impressive than others.
No comments:
Post a Comment