I'm sure it's no surprise I took a ton of pictures (although unfortunately I did not have my camera for most of the wedding day). I thought I'd start documenting with our flight out there and first full day.
This time, unlike the past, we decided to take a direct flight (Chris sacrificed a day in Vegas in October by giving up his seat for a later flight and thus getting a voucher that helped even out the expense of going direct - always looking out for his family). It cut our travel time down quite a bit and made me a less nervous flyer (one take off and landing beats two in my book). Teague was so excited to fly! The last time we went he was 6 months old so this was a big deal to him. Neland was thrilled as well. During the flight the boys snacked, watched Curious George on our iPod (that is probably as old as Neland), read books and did puzzles (and dropped puzzle pieces on the floor). After six hours in the air, Teague was completely done with flying. Landing was me wrestling him to keep his seatbelt on. Last time we flew the boys were in car seats. I thought for sure Teague was old enough to understand "keep your seatbelt fastened" but I really regretted not having the car seat on the plane for him. Another fun thing about landing is that when you fly into SFO it looks like you're landing on the water. Neland flipped out on our last flight, and this time Teague was sure we were in landing in the water as well. It didn't help they'd taken out the emergency landing instructions during our flight and asked why the plane in the pictures was in water (seriously not questions I want to answer while I'm shaking in fear from flying already).
The boys were invited into the cockpit after we landed. Neland had a lot of questions.
Once one the ground it took us a good two hours to get our bags, our new car (another huge deal to boys - we got a minivan - Neland's dream car). An hour into the drive Neland said, "See guys I told you minivans are fun."
We arrived at our home for the week and fell in love immediately. We were on cliffs overlooking the beach with three heated pools at our disposal. Add that to the fact we now had a minivan, and the boys could not have been happier. Even better, we were very close to Aunt Liz's house (Neland's favorite house by far) and a lot of people we love.
Neland was so excited to be at Aunt Liz's house, with family, dogs and toys.
Within walking distance of the resort was a little shopping "village" with groceries, restaurants and other fun things. Most mornings we'd walk to a coffee shop for lattes, bagels, eggs or oatmeal. This was our view on the walk.
We headed down to see the beach. The water is cold, very cold, but it did not deter Neland. He was so excited to be at the beach. Teague was as well, but he was not a fan of the cold water.
After the beach, it was time for the pool.
After a day on the beach and swimming in the pool, the boys were able to head back over to Aunt Liz's to see family and have dinner. It was a great beginning to our vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment