We started Saturday with breakfast at our favorite bagel spot before heading to the farm near our house. It was packed! Since they've opened with pumpkins, they've had this huge spider out in front. Everyday we pass it going to and from school and everyday Neland makes a point to make sure we all turn and look at it.
We picked out one, and Neland decided he wanted a different HUGE one. They were great pumpkins though. Behind the pumpkins is a huge corn maze - we didn't attempt it with our two little ones, but hopefully they'll add this to their pumpkin patch tradition.
Of course there was all the other fun stuff at the farm.
Neland was ready to carve them as soon as we arrived home.
We cut our pumpkins at the bottom (easier to put the candle in - thanks to Martha Stewart). I cut one on the bottom side to see how that worked as well. The smaller pumpkin was really heavy, when we opened it we saw why. It was full of water! We've never had a pumpkin full of water.
Our big pumpkin had the most beautiful stem - honestly I hated cutting into this pumpkin.
The boys drew the face they wanted on the pumpkins with sidewalk chalk. Neland's is below, it's a robot.
The finished product!
We spent the rest of the evening playing baseball in the backyard and then having Neland's favorite (Indian food) for dinner.
Sunday we were up bright and early to head to breakfast before church. Chris and I taught the two year old class. It went really well and Teague wasn't jealous when another child wanted to be held the whole time. Neland and I were seeing "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" uptown after church but we had a couple hours before it started so Chris and I took the boys to our favorite park after church. We hadn't been in a while.
Action shot - this kid will jump off of anything.
We had lunch, browsed a store and then Neland and I walked uptown to see the show with his buddy.
When we saw Teague after the show, he told me, "I'm so happy to see you." Such a funny guy!
Afterwards the weekend wrapped up with friends over for dinner. Neland turned into Spiderman almost as soon as they arrived and ran around the house. The boys watched The Great Pumpkin and then made our friends read books, play Hungry Hungry Hippos, and did a great show and tell of their super messy room. The night ended with Neland sitting on the couch beside me with ten books and his blanket wrapped around him, exhausted.











No comments:
Post a Comment