We ran into a friend on our walk, one that Teague has known since he was born. Usually no matter what, he's shy and wants to be held and hide his face in my shoulder (really the exact opposite of his personality) but for some reason, he wanted my friend to hold him, and hold him and hold him. I think she liked it too, they were good buddies when he was a tiny baby - she was always snuggling him.
Teague kept walking, and walking. I'd ask if he was ready to turn around, and he'd refuse. I'd offer up lunch, he'd still refuse. I knew what was coming though. He was going to walk as far as he could and then ask to be carried back. That was exactly what happened (although I think he'd wanted me to walk until we found ducks).
I'd promised Neland we'd make banana bread while Teague napped, so we started. Teague joined us halfway through when I realized he wasn't going to sleep.
The recipe had a little more flour than called for and thank goodness I grabbed the salt from Teague before he turned the whole thing upside down.
Once the bread was baking, I set the boys outside for some messy art (messy art = the best art).
Rubber band art!
Ignore the pitiful face below (a consequence of missing a nap) but look at the hair! It really was messy art.



No comments:
Post a Comment