Thursday, April 12, 2012

strawberry picking

On Saturday we skipped our church Easter festivities to take advantage of an early strawberry season. We headed to our local, across the traffic light, farm and were ready to pick! Before we made it to the field, Teague made a mad dash for any tractor in sight. Luckily there were three adults on him in no time (thank goodness Grandma was visiting).


 The kids lasted about 15 minutes before they were ready to go to the play area. Grandma headed over there with them while Chris and I continued picking 10 lbs of strawberries (it was hard to stop).

 Neland did not forget the strawberry slushies from last year. These were a huge hit.

 Big smiles for the camera and then back to business.
 There was the maze from the fall, which we had completely forgotten how to get through, and a new maze as well.

 And the very popular duck races.


 They will have hayrides once the ground is a little more dry, but the boys enjoyed playing even though it didn't go anywhere.
We also left with two dozen eggs (of which I have 4 left...they are delicious). They were bringing the chickens back to the farm while we were there (they live at there house during the winter). The boys enjoyed chasing the three chickens that were lucky enough to arrive first while we were there.

Neland has begged to go back and I'm sure Teague would enjoy another visit as well. I plan on taking them one Tuesday or Thursday when Neland doesn't have school. I'm truly going to miss having time with him during the week next year when he's in school every morning Monday through Friday (maybe he'll need to skip a Friday or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment