Monday, March 12, 2012

random post with random pictures

Just some recent cuteness with some pre-hair cut pictures.

Neland conversation with Dali last week. "Dali did you know it is Dr. Suess' birthday. The Cat in the Hat came to school today. Did you know that Dr. Suess wrote Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, Mr. Brown Can Moo and The Sleep Book? He wrote all the good ones."
 Last week we went to Lowe's and I let Neland pick out seeds to plant. We picked up pots and soil as well.  He's been very excited about this since I told him. I knew he really liked it when we arrived home and I sent the boys to play while I prepared the pots and I heard him telling the neighborhood dogs. He went to one side of the fence to tell Orson and Big Boy, then to the other side to tell Sam. Now hopefully something will grow.

Some days before dinner Neland will remind us that we need to say a prayer, so we bow our heads and he says, "Dear God" and pauses. Then he'll say, "Mom you're supposed to repeat after me". Last Thursday, driving to get his hair cut Neland decided he and and Teague should say a prayer. So it started, "Dear God" then the pause. Then "Teague you have to say what I say" and Teague did. Every word Neland said Teague repeated (sometimes with help from Neland...and it was not a short prayer, in addition to thanking God for cars, food, flowers, there was also thanks for Target among other things).

We did something rather unusual last week, we picked up lunch at Chick Fil A.  We used to do this a lot, but since October we've been really good about having meals at home. I knew the boys would be excited. I'm not quite sure why Teague enjoys Chick Fil A so much, he really only eats the fries there. Teague gobbled up all his fries right away and started begging for more, "More fries please" "More fries PLEASE" (He seems to think that the louder he says please the more likely he is to get his way). Neland had 1 fry left and to my amazement he handed it right over. Chick Fil A is such a treat and he choose to give up his last fry to his brother without even being asked. Needless to say I was so proud of him for sharing when he definitely didn't have to. He gave me a high five, and then Teague wanted one with the said fry in hand so we deemed it a "high fry".

No comments:

Post a Comment