Thursday, May 2, 2013

too cool for school

Last week was brown bag lunches at school. It's a special day where parents are invited to have a picnic with their child at school. Chris came directly from a meeting to have lunch with the boys. Neland's class was up first, and when I arrived, Neland hardly gave me a look. All he wanted was to sit with his friends and then play on the playground. When Chris arrived, not even a high five was offered. Isn't he still too young for this? I thought I was going to be cool for a little bit longer. 
Luckily there is still Teague, and he's convinced we hung the moon. He was so excited to see us and have lunch.

That same night was beginners night at our neighborhood school. All the rising kindergarteners are invited. As we walked down the hall, Neland completely ignored us, taking in all the sights and sounds of school. Another student walked him to the duck room, and Neland never once looked back at us. Chris, Teague and I sat through a loooong meeting about the school, which ended with a presentation video called "A Day in the Life of a Kindergartener" set to "Over the Rainbow". Needless to say, there was not a dry eye. 
Neland loved it and cannot wait for August, although I wonder if he realizes in August, he'll be staying longer than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment