Saturday, December 10, 2011

a few days away

We spent a few days at Grandma and Grandpa's to visit with Aunt Liz and Mumsie.  I wasn't sure how long we'd get to stay, but things worked out really well when Chris ended up with a project he could work on in the office near their house.  Neland was so excited, he stayed up until we were about 10 minutes away from their house (and it was about 10pm).  The next morning he was so excited to see the train around the Christmas tree. He talked and talked about that train (in fact Teague and I both woke up to the sound of the train).
 

 After a wonderful lunch with Mumsie and Aunt Liz, we headed to the Children's Museum.  Pulling up I saw they had a new Curious George exhibit!  How perfect for my little monkeys!

I love hearing Teague say "George" and in this picture he's saying "foot" which is kind of appropriate because Chris always asks him where his monkey feet are.

Dr. Neland

 This is Neland's train driving face apparently.


Teague served Aunt Liz some tea.

Neland flew Aunt Liz to San Fransisco a few times.  If anything, seeing the front of the plane made me even more afraid to fly.  And I was convinced they received the aircraft because it was in an accident (which a museum worker, or curator, told me wasn't true, it was specially made for them).  I'm not completely convinced since the emergency escape is open.  Neland probably spent the most time in the airplane and the train. I don't have any pictures of the post office, but that was a big hit too. 
The boys were able to feed a couple of bunnies.

 Thank goodness for a gated play area for the little ones. Teague loved this barn.

 Pure exhaustion. The best time to go is definitely nap time.  We had the place almost all to ourselves.

At one point Neland called my name and I thought he might want to show me something. I answered him and walked over and he said, "Where's Aunt Liz?" I pointed him in her direction and off he went. 

A special piano lesson from Mumsie on a two of a kind piano. The boys loved her home, from the cat which they terrorized, to the piano and the pop up books, they had a blast.

Teague was wiped out each afternoon. I used this opportunity to get a picture of his beautiful rainy day curls (and put ear drops in his ears, as he now has a double ear infection). After all the excitement of the past couple of days, everyone slept well once we arrived home.

No comments:

Post a Comment