Saturday, October 15, 2011

California

NJ and I headed to California last Wednesday to meet our newest family member.  We returned Sunday night and since then Neland has constantly complained about being home.  He'd much rather be back in California (and I can't really blame him).
 The first picture from our journey. I don't think Neland understood how awesome it was that he got to do this.
 The newest addition to the family!  Neland and I are in love!  Bea loves her momma, and we love her momma too.  Bea reminds me a lot of Neland as a baby.  I could not get enough of the baby smells and noises (even the sweet little cries).  I have more pictures on my phone that I'll have to upload, it was hard to take pics of her while snuggling!
 The first day was a very relaxing day.  We got to hang out, chat, snuggle a baby and Neland got to watch lots of t.v.   Below our first borns get some much needed rest.
Then on Friday, we went to Google!  
One of my high school friends works there and invited us for lunch. 

 
 Roshan's office at Google.  Down the hall about ten feet is a keg, and a champagne fridge (jealous yet?)
 
Roshan's dog comes to work too (unfortunately she wasn't there today).  Neland checked out her toys.
 
Neland loved the outdoor gym.
 And the turtle next to the copier.
 A Google bike.  They are everywhere! 
 
14 years of friendship (or torture...depends on how you look at it)
 Gardening at Google

There's a beautiful park in front of Google.  Baby Bea loved the trees and fresh air. Neland loved playing hide and seek, chasing lizards and just running!  I think we've all decided we need jobs at Google.  There were massages chairs, the treadmills where you can work and run, kegs, sofas, yoga classes with your dog, and I'm sure there is a lot more I'm forgetting. 

After Google, we headed to Aunt Liz's house (with a stop at Target for an ICEE).  Neland kept asking Bea in the car if she wanted to go to Target and look at the baby toys.  Unfortunately Bea was a little too hungry to enjoy the Target trip.  She and Neland were very happy to arrive at Aunt Liz's.
On Saturday we headed to Capitola (after chocolate waffles - I wonder why NJ didn't want to leave California).  Neland helped get Bea to the beach.
 Neland was so excited to see the beach and the ocean (and Aunt Liz took him there the moment we got there, apparently during this little walk there was a talk about pirates and where they were.  Neland was very happy to learn they were far far away in Africa - and then kept asking if they were still far far away)! 
 
Roshan met us for lunch.
 and ice cream.

 A walk out on the pier

 
 The girls with Neland
 
Some people just never change....
 Neland LOVED this scuba diver mask!  Aunt Liz and Eliza spoiled him rotten and took him to a toy store.  This was one of his toys.
 This bubble blower was another toy.  Neland loved it, and so did the dogs.  They tried to bite the bubbles and it had us all laughing! 
 A bath in Aunt Liz's tub.  I think he might have been in there an hour.  He LOVED it!  While in it he asked me if we could get a tub like this or if they were too expensive (I'm pretty sure if I said that they were too expensive he would have just asked grandma and grandpa for it, recently he asked them for a new house).
 The girls must have worn these boys out!
 Neland and his best friend of the trip, Tucker.  Eliza told me Tucker was full of energy, but I think he met his match.  Neland loved chasing him and at one point I think they played hide and seek.  Neland was very excited when Tucker found him.
 Very special buddies.  Neland has asked to live at Aunt Liz's house almost every day since we returned.
 A teary eyed goodbye.Whenever we told Neland we'd come back or see them soon, his immediate response was "when?".  Hopefully soon!  Bea is going to grow way too fast and we don't want to miss it!



No comments:

Post a Comment