Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Did They Play Nice?

This has been a basketball filled house! During the Carolina game on Sunday I offered to take Neland (and Teague) to lunch so Chris could watch the second half in peace.  I gave Neland his choice of restaurants.  First choice, Chick-fil-a.  After explaining for the umpteenth time that Chick-fil-a is not open on Sundays so the workers can spend time with their family, Neland chose Five Guys.  I asked what he wanted to eat there, and the answer was fries so I vetoed that one.  Third choice, Target.  I was a little surprised by this one, but who doesn't love a trip to Target (and I needed to refill one of Teague's prescriptions) so off we headed to Target.  Neland's lunch: Soft pretzel and a blue icee (because according to Neland, "It's a blue day" which he's right - we were all wearing blue).  Please don't ask how this is better than just eating fries at Five Guys.
We walked around Target and a few other stores in the area, all while receiving text updates about the game. Once the game was over, I put the boys in the car and we headed home.  Chris met us in the garage and told Neland "The Tar Heels won buddy."  Neland's response, "oh they won? Did they play nice?"  I'm sure there will be different opinions but Chris told him they played nice.  That is so typical of Neland - he just wants to make sure everyone is nice.  Such a sweet sensitive little soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment