Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Post

It's been forever since I've updated this blog, and I'll get around to catching up on what I've missed but I'm starting back up with a post about our holiday.

I'll stick with mostly festivities, beginning with Christmas Crafts at church. This was my second year co-chairing the event and it is always a lot of fun. Teague, KC, and I arrived early to get ready and grandpa picked up Neland from school and brought him to church. This year we decided to make four crafts instead of eight which made the evening less chaotic and allowed us to make the entire event free.


 This peanut isn't a great sleeper, unless it's time to get the boys to school. Then she snoozes away (which does allow me to get a shower - if I didn't snooze too long myself)

The boys get so excited to decorate for holidays - they even decorated Dali.


KC turned 6 months old. She is quite a chunk weighing in at just under 17 pounds and she's ticklish all over.

KC had her first swing ride and loved it. 

 We've been getting creative with hot chocolate and snowflakes. The snowflake is supposed to be Darth Vader.

Santa visits our church once a year. The boys love seeing him there. Actually they really love going to church to Wednesday nights for dinner for some reason. 

 We picked out a tree and decorated it all in about three hours. It was quite a feat.



 This little guy loves to snuggle in our bed.

We kept up our ornament tradition. I had to take the kids on my own, which usually we have a few extra hands but it went smoothly. 

The boys each made a handprint and KC did a footprint. I add their name and the year to each ornament, although for the sake of time and breakable pottery I just did initials and the year. Neland captured this nursing/painting picture. 

The kids had matching Christmas jammies and I needed pictures. KC would not leave Teague alone. It was really cute. We followed up pictures with A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Both boys had class parties, this is at Neland's - there was crafting, singing, and snacking. The singing was crazy cute.

I couldn't resist a picture of KC's monogrammed diaper cover. I'm slightly addicted to these.

After the party we had Teague's Christmas show. It was taking this picture I realize in the five minutes we were home he changed from his dress shoes to his sneakers.


After the show I took the boys to dinner and then they talked me into doughnuts. Neland said, "Wow mom this has been a really fun afternoon." I laughed, of course it was fun, class party, seeing his old preschool (where he was able to hand out programs), dinner out, and doughnuts - and bedtime was late of course! 
 Terrible picture, but I love this sweet dress on KC.

On the last day of school before break, we picked up Neland and drove uptown to meet Chris and see the singing bears. When we parked, Chris walked up with a latte for me (yay) and we headed to the building with the bears. 


Afterwards, we ran around uptown (literally) to see the sights and then stopped for dinner. There were a lot of people heading to The Nutcracker which makes me want to revisit going next year with the boys!

KC had her first bites of food and was not a fan. This is banana and milk mushed up. Her expressions were hilarious. 



While she isn't loving food, she does love her bath. She's started splashing and reaching for toys. 

We met up with friends to check out a gingerbread house competition at a nearby hotel. It was impressive.

I couldn't believe this one didn't win. There was also one from Frozen that didn't win.


The kids seemed to like looking at the golf course as much as the houses. Teague has now decided he will play golf.

Someone finally worked on her core strength enough to sit in a high chair!

 Christmas Eve started with our traditional pancake breakfast. The boys had two advent calendars this year and they were excited to open the last day. One advent calendar was Lego Star Wars and the other was one a friend made, each bag had a verse telling the Christmas story and a sticker (and treat) to make a picture of the nativity. It was a really sweet calendar and I loved hearing Neland read it every morning.


We attended the contemporary candlelight service at church which was a first for us. There was childcare but I asked the boys to sit with us. KC didn't last too long, but it was still nice.


Before we lit the candles, Teague decided his was a light saber and fought the teenagers behind us. He had a lot of fun and I had to remind him a few times to keep his bottom in the seat. I switch candles with him as we passed the light because his was broken in about three spots.

Once home we made cookies for Santa...




 and read our bedtime stories "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (with hot chocolate of course)


I'll let the Christmas pictures speak for themselves :)


















 Christmas was a wonderful day and the kids had a blast with family and new toys. It always seems over too soon.

For about a week over break, KC chose to wake between 2-5am and refuse to sleep. Sometimes she still does this. I am always grateful for a latte in hand while lounging in bed. (hint to Chris)

We made great use of one of the boys' presents.

and hit up the courts (Neland is playing basketball this year! His first game is this Saturday)




It seemed to rain EVERY SINGLE DAY over break. The boys received three new board games and we put them to good use over the holiday.


 We celebrated New Year's Eve with some friends, dancing, sparklers, balloons and sparkling cider. 


 Teague had a headache and while he played some, he sat out the sparklers!


 We had a countdown around 7:30 so bedtime could be as normal as possible. 

And one of the best parts of the night - the flaming pizza box. Chris set all the pizzas out while I fed KC. Our friends and I walk into the kitchen and one of them says casually, "Is that supposed to be one fire?" Chris set the box over the candle I had burning. It was hilarious, and luckily harmless too.

I snuck in my New Year's kiss and headed to bed early too. Happy 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment