Summer continues to be a lot of fun. It's August and I'm definitely not as frazzled and ready for the boys to head to school as I thought I would be. I'm even starting to think unschooling would be a great idea.
We took the boys to see Planes on Sunday ($45.00 for all of us!) It was a hit.
The boys and I drove up to Grandma and Grandpa's on Monday. Neland picked a book to read in the car - a dictionary. I think he carried him around all weekend too. He saw the diagram of a tidal wave (complete with an underwater volcano) and no longer wants to go to the beach. Because of the tidal wave and the crabs with big eyes that hide behind rocks to pinch you (his words).
We had two great days at the pool. Sunny, fun and exhausting!
Neland loves to say (thanks to Chris) "I have an announcement - Cannonball"
Neland didn't know Teague walked to the side of the slide. I love his face when he sees him!
During break the boys would throw rings. Grandma and I would race to see who could get more.
Neland has started swimming like a fish. I'm so proud of him. Those years of screaming for fear of the water seems so far behind him. He can swim to the bottom and float on his back. He just needed to do it in his own time.
By Wednesday, the weather had turned and my face was burned. Neland LOVES the Children's Museum. It was an exciting change of pace. Neland dressed himself. I noticed he had on Teague's 3T shorts, but wasn't until Neland's shirt was put on Teague that I realized he was wearing the wrong shirt too. Funny how well this fit for being 3 sizes smaller than what he wears.
Teague loves to say when he drives he will bump into cars. Neland tells him that he will be a police man and arrest Teague for bumping into cars, to which Teague says, no you won't, I'll drive faster. So this picture below just seemed appropriate.
There is a pizza restaurant at the museum. Teague was making me lunch. He said, "And now I'll get the top." I told him pizza's don't have a top. He said, "I'm not making a pizza, I'm making a quesadilla." Such an out of the box thinker (or stubborn).
Teague demonstrated making "cheesy pasta".
I had them venture outside to see the chickens and bunnies. They were thrilled.
He looks all sweet and kind weighing the baby, but really he was shaking the scale as hard as he could.
Teague walked right across this the first time. He loved it.
We spent 5 hours at the museum (with a break for lunch). There was still complaining from Neland when we left. I'm sure he would have stayed even longer (thank goodness they close).
We drove home on Thursday morning and I filled up before I left, drove two hours, and this is where my needle was when we arrived home. I was pretty excited.
Teague fell asleep in the midst of his books on Thursday night.
School starts in exactly one week. We have the supplies and we hung a special shelf for bookbags.
We are enjoying this last official week of summer. I think we are all going to miss our free time, fun adventures and way too much pj time.


























No comments:
Post a Comment