The boys spent a lot of time chasing the chickens (there were many Rocky references). Teague ran around saying "chicken chicken" which I didn't know he could say. In their chase, they came across this.
Teague of course said "dog", but they were instead 3 week old piglets.
Then we got around to apple picking
With bags full, we headed back for a picnic lunch, apple smoothies and apple cider doughnuts to celebrate Reese's birthday.
Oh and we did a little apple painting.
The apple cider doughnuts were definitely a favorite. I'd drive back just for those! We also picked up some apple butter and pumpkin butter.
Before leaving, we headed to the top of the orchard to see the big pigs.
I lost any desire to take home a baby pig after seeing these guys. At the end of apple season, they let the pigs go in the orchard and eat the rotten apples.
My boys had such a great day. We left covered in dirt, doughnut sugar, rotten apple (Teague sat on one), and smiles.












No comments:
Post a Comment